Saturday, April 18, 2009

35 cents

A few weeks ago I received a check from my new insurance company for thirty-five cents. I'm still rolling my eyes as I type this. THIRTY-FIVE CENTS? Seriously? Does anyone in their bureaucracy realize that they spent forty-two cents to mail me a check for thirty-five cents? If you take the time to factor in the salary of the bean counter (no offense to my accountant sister) that found the thirty-five cents, it is even MORE money-all spent so I could waste even MORE money in gas to MAKE the deposit than the check is actually worth!

The icing on the cake? Two weeks later, this ridiculous check is still sitting on the kitchen counter. I check the mail that day, and what do I find? Another envelope from the insurance company. Inside? A check for $105.42. Sigh.

No comments: