Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Fundraiser Schmundraiser!

I swear, every day someone has their hand out asking me for money! Do you want to buy an ad in the PTA directory telling your kid how awesome he is? Give me five dollars. This "Ugly Mug" fundraiser is the PTA's ONLY fundraiser for items to improve the school...like a cover for the playground so your kid doesn't get skin cancer and die. It's only twelve dollars per bag of coffee. Don't you want to help the kids? (I don't even DRINK coffee!)

And then, the creme de la creme arrives: a fundraiser from G's PRESCHOOL! Um...hello?? Can you not at least have the decency to wait until he's actually in school, and not attending a program that I pay for? I can't stand scented candles (unless they're Yankee Candles!), don't like bath salts, and certainly don't need tubs full of cookie dough, pizzas, or corndogs! And then you have the audacity to suggest that I hawk these items to my friends and family?

My friends all have kids in the same school and are not interested in buying the same items from me that they are already trying to sell! My family is scattered all over the state, and surely would not care to contract salmonella from improperly thawed and re-frozen cookie dough!

Here's my take on it: Send me a form at the beginning of the year, and let me make a one time cash donation to the school. I'd be willing to donate upwards of $100 if it meant that I did NOT have to look at a fundraiser form during the school year!

No comments: