Saturday, November 15, 2008

Queen of my Double-Wide Trailer

I would like to start today's blog with the following disclaimer:

I am a country music fan. I listen to it at least 60% of the time. I love almost ALL country songs, and I embrace the genre as part of my Texas heritage.

And with that, here is a list of phrases that you would only hear in a country song:

* el camino
* sloe gin fizz
* gunpowder and lead
* belly full of beer and a possum in a sack
* I'd like to check you for ticks
* water tower
* We'll put a boot in your a$$
* mama's in the graveyard, papa's in the pen
* pardon me, you left your tears on the jukebox
* Longneck bottle, let go of my hand
* I've even seen dancing girls and hookers
* Thank God for good directions and turnip greens
* I shouldn't be wearing white and you can't afford no ring
* Shake the sugar tree
* There wasn't no hanky-panky, not a woman in sight
* And I'll keep on tap - for all your friends, their favorite kinds of beer
* And I know all the words to every ol' Bocephus song
* I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison

I'm sure all of you country music fans out there could come up with hundreds of others. As for the rest of you, the jury's still out as to whether you are normal! I mean, really, read those lyrics again! How could you NOT listen to this music?

No comments: